Monday, January 17, 2011

Ouch...but a good ouch

This week was so immensely boring that I didn't even take my camera out of its case so here's one I downloaded...
Yea, that's right, I did start flamenco classes this week (along with taking two final exams, but honestly who cares about those? Yes I did pass for those of you who do actually care...Mom and Dad).  When I walked into the studio I was super nervous since the classes would obviously be taught in Spanish and regardless of how fluent I am in literature, it's quite a different vocabulary for dance.  As it turns out both the director of the studio and the teacher were really nice, and as I was going in I ran into two cousins and the aunt of my Spanish family and they told me that this was the best studio in the city, so a smidge more comfortable.  Luckily, as the class began promptly 5 minutes late, there was another woman who was new to flamenco so at least I wouldn't be the only one who was totally lost.  Lo and behold not only was she new to flamenco, she was new to dance, therefore I caught on my quickly than she did, making me feel better (I know, it's a horrible thing to say, but you all still love me anyway : ) )  It was a hour long class, which turned out to be just long enough, A. in terms of my pride and B. those are muscles that have lain dormant since last May... causing me to definitely be in a lot of pain on Thursday.  Flamenco, in order to make the noises with your feet and have the correct posture, requires you to keep your knees bent at all times, much like field hockey (muscles that have lain dormant since longer than I care to admit to myself...p.s. I miss playing field hockey).  Basically its a great leg workout and I can't wait to go to class tonight!!!  Another plus? It's next door to my favorite, and the cheapest, tapas restaurant.

¡Hasta la semana que viene!
xoxo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment