Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Finally, a weekend in Murcia

First, let me apologize for being so tardy...I have had a lot of reading to do/I finally had an actual assignment (I think I may be a student....) and our internet stopped working.  I'm guessing it's because my roommate accidentally unplugged the cable box and the internet is from the same company.  The ethernet chord still works, but there is only one of them so we have to take turns.  
Now that that's over with, I can tell you about my life.  So after traveling all over the place I finally spent a whole weekend in Murcia.  A shocker, I know.  The weekend actually began Wednesday night because, in true Spanish fashion, they put they welcome back party, essentially homecoming but without the football game (although I think there was a futbol game), in the middle of the day (probably so that we would have another day off of school).  Therefore, we had no school on Thursday.  The part was called the Fica Picnic.  Basically it was a fenced off parking lot with music, a giant blow-up slide and climbing wall, and a lot of drunk people.
Following that, I went out with some friends, some of which were actually Spanish.  It wasn't that exciting though since everyone had gone out and partied during the day.  On Friday I went to the mall with two girlfriends, we had just gotten our stipends (finally!) and wanted to celebrate.  Naturally I bought some stuff : ) Friday night I did homework and then Saturday I partied full Spanish style.  
First we went to the Espinardo campus (my first time, and probably only until I have to close my bank account in July) and looked and the stars, or what we could see of them anyway, and then we went to two bars.  The first we went to because a friend of my friend is the DJ and the second we just went to.  I went with my roommate, Cristina and a bunch of other friends.  Cristina and I got home at 5:30 am.  Good Times : )

¡Hasta la semana que viene!  
xoxo
Sarah





No comments:

Post a Comment